Welcome to Lorne Park:
Lorne Park originated as a 30 hectare resort area in 1879 based in the Lorne Park Estates area, at the foot of Lorne Park Road. Lorne Park was named after the Marquis de Lorne, Governor General of Canada from 1878-1883.
In 1877, J.W. Orr built a hotel and warf for steamers, hoping to attract the summer tourists and in became a popular summer vacation spot for people from Toronto and Hamilton, the area being considered “Cottage Country.” The Toronto-Lorne Park Summer Resort Company developed and sold cottage lots in 1886. By the 1930’s the resort atmosphere had changed to residential. All of the homes in Lorne Park, except one, are now year-round dwellings.
Lorne Park Estates still radiates the charm of narrow, tree-lined lanes, and large lots, centrally located around what was once the spot for Hotel Lousie, which burned down. The area is still a private community, with the homeowners in Lorne Park Estates still paying an annual fee and volunteering with the maintenance on property and roads